- Advocating for dairy as an integral part of a balanced diet
- Providing clear and transparent product information and making science-based health claims
- Investing in research and development (R&D) to optimize the nutritional value of our products without compromising safety or taste
- Using authoritative, evidence-based criteria to guide product development, innovation, reformulation, and portion sizes
- Promoting and advertising products responsibly, particularly to children and youth
To this end, we developed the first-ever Saputo Nutrient Profiling Model (NPM) and mapped our full global portfolio to understand the nutritional performance of our products and proactively identify opportunities to enhance our offerings in line with public health expectations and consumer needs.
We are also actively pursuing more dairy alternative opportunities to complement our current product portfolio. To this end, we leveraged the R&D capabilities of our Dairy Division (UK) team to develop a delicious mozzarella alternative that has the right sensory attributes and continue to work with our Dairy Division (UK) team to grow our dairy alternative cheese offering.
Above this, we recently undertook a global review of our marketing activities. The review aims to inform our minimum standards, aligned with global evidence-based marketing, to identify including the types of products that can be marketed to specific consumers. This is particularly important for our youngest consumer groups, as lifelong healthy eating habits are formed during childhood.